Arlo Pro cameras not only help you keep an eye on your place but also provide a brilliant feature range that helps you visualise your residence’s live video footage. Arlo Pro cameras work on batteries, meaning they do not need any wire backup for power. If you have bought the Netgear Arlo pro camera, you have made the right decision. Arlo cameras are easy to set up with the Arlo app These security cameras are designed weather-proof and with a movable mount so that you can easily mount it anywhere at your residence.
The Arlo Pro camera is best known for offering a secure atmosphere to your loved ones and friends. It comes with advanced security properties such as cloud storage, remote access control, HD recording, and many more. In the article section, we will discuss a deep glance at the Netgear Arlo camera and the detailed Arlo wireless setup instructions.
Step by Step Instructions for Arlo Camera WiFi Setup
These Arlo WiFi setup instructions can be used to set up the Arlo camera with the base station. Follow the below-mentioned setup instructions:
Step 1: Download & Install the Netgear Arlo App
- The Arlo WiFi setup is quite quick and pretty painless. To start the initial setup process, download the Arlo app on our Android or iOS smartphone.
- Open the app and tap on the “New to Arlo” button.
- Now choose which Arlo device you are looking forward to setting up. Choose the device and Arlo application and then next you have to install the Netgear Arlo base station.
- Next, you have to take an Ethernet cable and make it connect between the base station and router with the Ethernet cable.
- Plug in the AC power cable into the electric socket and then power ON the Arlo base station.
- Once you have done with the base station setup, tap “Continue”.
- The Arlo application will automatically lookup for the hub within your home network.
- Select the “Time Zone” and then press the “Save” button.
- Now give your base station a name and tap on the Continue button.
Step 2: Create a Netgear Arlo Account
- Now create a Netgear Arlo account. Mention your email address and press the “Continue” button.
- Mention the username and password for Arlo’s login account.
Step 3: Sync the Arlo Pro Camera with the Base Station
- Now all you need to sync the Arlo camera with the Netgear Arlo base station.
- During the sync process, keep your Arlo camera within a few feet of the base station.
- Tap on the “Continue” button.
- Open the camera’s back cover and insert the batteries.
- Now press the Sync button on top of the Arlo base station. The green LED light will start blinking on the base station.
- Tap the Sync button and wait for the LED to turn in to blue.
- Once both the Arlo pro camera and base station are in sync mode, leave them for 5 to 10 minutes for proper sync and to connect with each other.
- Tap on the “Continue” button till you “Sync Complete” does not appear on the screen. Now you can go for Arlo pro login for the further setup procedure.
- Hit on the “Finish” button and then click on “Add More Cameras”, if you want to add one more Arlo camera.
Step 4: Update the Arlo Camera Firmware & Base Station
- Once the Sync process has been done properly, tap on the “Finish” button.
- It will automatically take you back to the Arlo app main screen, where you will be prompted for an Arlo camera update. If any problem retries for the Arlo camera login
- Tap on “Update Base Station” and wait for a few minutes to get it up-to-date with the latest firmware.
- Now tap on “Update Camera” to get the latest camera update.
Step 5: Live Arlo Camera Test
Now as you have successfully done with the complete Arlo WiFi setup. It’s time to move for a live Arlo camera test. All you need to just tap on the “Live” button to view the Arlo camera performance and live footage.
This is all about the Arlo camera WiFi setup. If you still have any issues or queries related to Arlo wireless camera setup. Feel free to share with us through comments.